Sunday, March 25, 2012

One more week



The blooms have really extended out, further than the Silver arrows, which on those I've noticed a growth after the blooms. I should seriously start keeping growth inches charted.
That and I've noticed a seeming problem with another of my cacti ( which I can't remember the name right now. I'll have to look it up). Looks similar to stem rot so I will not water it until its blushing.


Blushing is a term I use for cactus for when it turns a redish purple color, meaning either it needs more water Such as the two pictures ( to the left and below) shown













From above with the Severe Burn























Severe Burns on the right
Also an update on my Valentines cactus. I left it in the sun too long, and it got some severe sun burns. So I've adjusted it and placed it with some of my lower lighting plants (not cacti). Same with what I've noticed with my brain cactus. It got a sunburn too but not quite as bad.










I took round about pictures of the brain cactus. You can see the yellowing spots and one of the last pictures there a more brown spot where it had gotten frostbite this past winter. Poor cacti, but its all a learning process I'm sharing with you.
I've also noticed my baby cactus is loving the sun. Although I have to keep up with it more, spraying every few days as I notice it blushing.
Well back to tending to the prickly plants. (I might start a post every week instead of trying everyday.(

Brain Cactus with Mild burns(left) Frost bite (right)



The pictures are kind of out of sync to the text, but the editing with mobile pictures to pc text editing hasn't been yet refined on this site.
Seedling Blushing (needs water)
Possible Stem Rot?



Stenocereus Pruinosus Possible Stem Rot

View from the other side
You can see the buds popping out
I cant wait to get my camera running for you guys to see these pictures more in detail. After all you're looking at these pictures because you need some type of information on them or that you like them.

I want to be able to help in any way I can through my posts. Please check out my other posts through out, I tend to post some about certain cacti in other listings, and even go back and edit.

There is just too much information!

No comments:

Post a Comment